Have you ever noticed a Google Ad while you’re browsing the internet and thought: wow, that takes up some space? That’s because that Google Ads user is taking advantage of a Google Ads extension to get richer inbound content in front of you (their ideal buyer). In fact, there’s no reason you shouldn’t learn from their success.
Google Ads Extensions
What is a Google Ads Extension? According to the Google Ads Glossary: “Ad Extensions are extra snippets of relevant information about your business that can be added to your text ads. These can include your business’ location, phone number, business ratings, and more.”
How can they help my business?
There are a few critical reasons you need to be utilizing Google Ads Extensions to boost your business.
- Greater Visibility: Used strategically, the right Google Ads campaign can get you to the top of your ideal buyer’s Google search results. This is even more likely if your ads are content-rich thanks to extensions.
- Higher Click-Through Rates (CTR): Ads with extensions (such as location, mapping, or call features) are more likely to generate a high CTR than those without
- Improves User Experience: Nobody wants to go digging through a website just to find hours, location, or phone number information. But customers who are given the information right away will see it as a valuable part of their overall experience, and be more likely to do business with you.
- Relevant Information: Google Ads extensions give the information most likely to be relevant to users’ searches (where is the best pizza near me?, how do I get to the pizza restaurant downtown, etc.)
- No Additional Fees: With no additional cost-per-click to utilize extensions, what have you got to lose?
So, it makes sense. You definitely need to use Google Ads Extensions. But which ones? Here are the ones we recommend [in alphabetical order, so we don’t have to pick a favorite]:
Our Favorite Extensions
- Call Extensions: These put your phone number right in your Google Ad. That way, when someone searches on their desktop or mobile sees your ad, they can call you then and there, just by clicking “call”. They get in touch with you without having to dig around for a phone number, and you get a conversion right away.
- Callout Extensions: Callout extensions allow you to use up to four different “callouts” campaign-wide. These callouts are separate from your ad copy and will appear in every ad regardless of the campaign. Examples of good callouts include: open 7 days a week, around the corner from Target on Main Street, kid, and pet-friendly, etc.
- Location Extensions: These allow you to add your address, phone number, and daily hours right to your ad. If you have more than one location, you can customize your Google Ads so that the ad for the location closest to a given searcher will be displayed at the top of their results.
- Offer Extensions: Offer extensions let you place an offer (20% off, free delivery, etc.) right in your ad, making it easier for searchers to find and claim them. That means—you guessed it—more conversions for you.!
- Review Extensions: Good reviews help make potential customers paying customers. With this extension, you can place the praise right in your Google ad.
- Sitelink Extensions: With this ad-on, you can add up to 4 linked pages into a single Google ad. This gives the searcher a chance to what you have to offer. And you have a great opportunity to showcase your brand.
- Structured Snippets: If you want to showcase your products and services specifically, structured snippets offer a great user-friendly layout for your Google ads.
As you can see, there are tons of ways you can use Google Ads as part of a killer inbound strategy. Additionally, their sophisticated extensions make it that much easier. Do you have a question about how to best use these extensions for your campaigns? Talk to us in the comments.