If you’ve read the ROI Amplified blog for any length of time, you know that we are big fans of two things: Local SEO and Google My Business (GMB). It takes time to maintain your listing, but if you’re willing to invest that time, your returns will be that much greater.
But it’s not enough for me to tell you I love GMB. I need to tell you why. In case you’ve never heard of it, here’s a quick refresher.
Local SEO: Google My Business
Google My Business gives qualified companies the opportunity to have their listing show up in relevant search results pages. This listing includes photos, contact information, a brief description, and reviews.
Although GMB listings are visible across Google’s products, I want to focus on what it can do for Local SEO.
Just like regular Search Engine Optimization, Local SEO is a collection of techniques and strategies designed to get your business to rank higher (and be more visible) on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
The key difference? Local SEO is laser-focused on making sure you’re seen by people searching for local businesses. With strong Local SEO, target customers who live nearest to your business will be among the first to find it.
And Google My Business Listing goes a long way toward making that happen.
What Google Business Does for You:
- You control the information on display in your GMB. That means that— as long as you keep it up-to-date, your customers will find consistent, accurate information about your business.
- Many other sites use Google for business information. And Google products dominate the internet. That means filling out your listing completely will go a long way toward getting your business noticed online.
- A GMB listing legitimizes your business. If you meet their requirements, it looks to a customer like Google is saying, “Yep, these folks are for real. We trust them.” That can only help your brand reputation.
- You don’t have to take our word for it. GMB offers insights. This data and analytics tracks how many people click your listing, click through to your website, and so on. This helps you ensure that people are finding you and that they’re interested in what you have to offer.
- People can book appointments or make calls right from your listing. That means they don’t even have to leave Google Page One for you to receive real benefits that are boosting your bottom line.
- People can leave you reviews right in the listing. Managing those reviews is another way to provide great service.
And the best part? It’s free for eligible companies to create and maintain a GMB listing.
Time is about the only thing GMB will cost you. It takes time to create and maintain a listing. You should also keep an eye on reviews to make sure they are accurate— and that any constructive criticism or negative feedback is addressed ASAP.
Google will make frequent changes to their products. So keep your eyes peeled and your fingers fast, and GMB will be a boon to your Local SEO.