If you use Google Shopping Campaigns for your ecommerce marketing, they’re about to get smarter. Google has incorporated machine learning for “goal-optimized” campaigns that could really give your online store a boost.
Google Shopping Upcoming Update
The update will be going live in the next few weeks. It’s designed to automatically optimize how your Google Shopping ads are delivered, according to your campaign goals. Some features you can expect:
- Optimization for revenue and return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Remarketing capabilities
- Advertising across Google properties and ad networks: Google search results, YouTube, Gmail, Search Partners, and the Google Display Network
Google Shopping updates will now help predict how likely a user is to use a query that matches your campaign keywords.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to take full advantage of these exciting changes:
- Maintain an Active product feed in your Google Merchant Center.
- Link your Google Merchant Center to Google Ads.
- Make use of Google Ads remarketing tags.
- When starting a new Google Shopping Campaign, select “goal-optimized” from your campaign subtype options.
This update is one of the many Google is initiating an effort to keep Knowledge Panel and Google My Business (GMB) up to speed with the rise of mobile-first searching and ecommerce.